Cisco Nexus 1000v Public Beta Program
- Published on Friday, 01 March 2013 07:45
- Last Updated on 30 June 2013
- 6 Comments
Brace yourself, the fun is about to truly begin. On Wednesday March 6th, Cisco will unveil its greatly anticipated Distributed Switch solution for Windows Server 2012 and Hyper-V; the Nexus 1000V.
What is the Nexus 1000V?
Cisco Nexus® 1000V Series Switches provide a comprehensive and extensible architectural platform for virtual machine (VM) and cloud networking. The switches are designed to accelerate server virtualization and multitenant cloud deployments in a secure and operationally transparent manner. Integrated into the Windows Server 2012 Extensible Switch, and fully compatible with System Center Virtual Machine Manager 2012 SP1, the Cisco® Nexus 1000V Series provides:
- Advanced virtual machine networking based on Cisco NX-OS operating system and IEEE 802.1Q switching technology
- Cisco vPath technology for efficient and optimized integration of virtual network services
- Tight integration with System Center Virtual Machine Manager 2012 SP1
- Layer 2 Switching with Transmit side Rate Limiting
- Security Policy Mobility, inbuilt support for Private VLANs with local PVLAN Enforcement
- Provisioning Port Profiles with deep Integration with SCVMM
- Traffic Visibility, including VM Migration Tracking, NetFlow v.9 with NDE, Cisco Discovery Protocol v.2
- And so much more
These capabilities help ensure that the virtual machine is a basic building block of the data center, with full switching capabilities and a variety of Layer 4 through 7 services in both dedicated and multitenant cloud environments.
Join Cisco Gunnar Anderson (Cisco), Appaji Malla (Cisco) and myself (Damian Flynn) on Wednesday March 6th at 9am PST as we present the Nexus 1000V, Overview some of the amazing features which this solution enables, and most importantly share the details on how you can start working with the Beta Release right away.
Follow this link to register for the launch, and we will look forward to a great online event, and an opportunity to show you the future, and answer your questions.
Please click the buttons below, to tweet, share and re-blog what is clearly one of the most important events in the Microsoft Private Cloud strategy so far in 2013.
See you Wednesday